Ideas for Uncle Envelope Submissions
Art objects include: mini-comics, trading cards, games, maps, and mazes. Craft ideas include: make a mobile, paper craft 3D objects, cool designed origami paper, cootie catchers, paper doll/monsters (with some fun stats/back story), and coloring pages and books. Other ideas are welcome.
All paper projects must be in black and white and a maximum size of 4-1/2 x 6-1/4 or fold to fit in a 4-3/4 x 6-1/2 envelope. Mini-comics must have a standard trim size of 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.
For art objects: please send a mock up of the finished product as you would like to it be sent out in the envelope.
For crafts: please send a finished craft as well as the materials and instructions to create the craft.
***Please do not send original artwork, as submissions will not be returned.
Once Accepted Artists Will
- Artists will be responsible for providing a template that can be used to produce their project.
- Projects deadlines will include delivery of template one month before mailing date.
- Artists will be expected to provide bio. info and photos to be posted on the Uncle Envelope website.
What Uncle Envelope Offers To Accepted Artists
- Uncle Envelope will pay artists for unlimited use of their creation, but artists will retain all copyrights and be able to use their work elsewhere.
- Uncle Envelope will provide the artists with a payment of $200 on the receipt of their project template.
- Uncle Envelope will promote the artists and their work on uncleenvelope.com as well as in New York and Brooklyn comic shops.
- Uncle Envelope will work to have the artists' work reviewed by well-known critics on websites and in print.
- Bonuses will be given to artists based on the subscription rate.
Please Mail Submissions to:
Brooklyn, NY 11217
For questions please email Kristin at